Monday, April 14, 2008

Less than one month until I am home. I am feeling a crazy mix of feeling, but most of them are being overridden by the idea of eating a salad. A huge salad bar. Eggs. Ranch Dressing. Broccoli Salad. Peppers. Carrots. Wow -- I am going to pass out. I have not been up to much. Teaching, as always, takes up most of my days. But, I did take a break this past weekend to set up and attend a fake wedding. Ali and Steve are really getting married but in 2 months in Boston. Before they left to go home (Ali was here working for the NGOs and Steve doing an internship for grad school at Brandeis) we had an island wedding so we could all share in their special day.

Ali and Steve were married by Dan. He worked really hard on putting togeather a wonderful ceremony complete with an inspirational reading from The Alchemist. Ben sang songs between each reading and part of the wedding. The boys did a great job. A group photo. There were many other people in attendance. This was just the group that set up and were there when the picture was taken.

As you can see I did not catch the bouquet. Shocking! Ray did but in his triumph dance shook the flowers to pieces!
As the year winds up I am getting very homesick. I decided that I needed a project, so I am going to "remodel" the library with the help of my 6th grade class. We are going to clean, organize, and paint. Then I am going to teach each class how to keep the library clean. We will see how it goes! (I know Liz's mom reads this. Tam is giving me part of your grant money for supplies. I will send you pictures of the process. Thank you so much for all you do for the program. We all are very appreciative. )

See everyone soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am ready and waiting Cardigan.